Monday, May 7, 2007

Some Thoughts

The sunset is beautiful. I don't know about you, but I prefer it to the sunrise. I just had a great conversation with the one and only Jessica. I love our conversations. We were talking about formal. I sometimes feel very shallow for talking about these kinds of petty things when the plight of others is horrendous. But its unavoidable sometimes. It's apart of this generation, just like cloche hats were part of the '20s. I am thinking of Caitlin so much. We're not very close, but I feel for her, especially at a time like this. I am sworn to secrecy, but she had to be admitted to a hospital. That's cause enough for concern without going into details. I need to step it up a notch if I'm going to send this quarter of the marking period with a bang. My grades are not horrible, but I know that they are not my best, and so I need to put in some more effort. That it not a difficult thing to do, I know, but it truly is easier said than done. We have a NYS test tomorrow, but I'm pretty confident. (At least, that's the mind-set I'm going for) The sky is fading into soft, cool colors. Sunsets are the perfect ending to each and every day. They were perfectly planned by God. They go with the mood and aura of the day. We are coming to a stop. The vibrant colors are softening, symbolizing rest and closing of the day. In the eyes of a true artist, the sunset can be searched through and through, to find every color, every thought, every meaning, every emotion that lies in the wisps of clouds illuminated by the ever shining rays of the sun. It has always struck me as especially amazing that when the sun is setting on the place where I live, it is rising somewhere completely different. The concept of this is beautiful. That there is always a place to start over, and we are all connected. We all see the same sun rise and set. We see the same moon, hanging, sparkling in the royal sky above. Now, with a closing question to chew on and process: if we are so similar on the inside, then why bother discriminating and being prejudiced because of what's on the outside? It is mind-boggling the thickness of the human mind- how we can be so set in our ways. Isn't the passing of time about evolving, and making changes? Will we never learn to embrace variety, and not to fear what we don't understand? It is a far-off dream for many, but certainly not impossible. I'm sure a chore awaits me, maybe setting the table. I wrote more than I intended =)

1 comments:

Willa said...

Hey Chi....


...heh....i hate to be obsessive.....but if you could, coudl you try to take out the thing about caitlin? ask me more about it in person...but just do me a favor and take out the hospital part...you can say you're worried and all.....a bit too specific, per her wishes. Sorry!

I think you can edit published entrys...ask me how if you have to. <3 <3 <3