Sunday, May 13, 2007

"Grief can take care of itself. But to get the full value of joy, you must have someone to divide it with"

I am blessed to have so many people to share my joy with. What a beautiful day it was, both physically and emotionally. I was able to spend the day at the Italian Villa with my mommy, of course, my dad, brother, sister, grandma and grandpa. Of course, it was quite bittersweet not to be in the prescence of such a ferverent example of motherhood, my great-grandma. With her passing away this year, it was our first mother's day without her. Nevertheless, the timeless message of embracing and appreciating mothers extended beyond the grief. We had a wonderful dinner,and it was beautiful to be together. The physical beauty of the day contributed to the warm atmosphere. Could it have been more spectacular? The temperature was perfect, and it was clear and beautiful. Of course, the day could not properly come to a close without homeade gifts that pulled at mom's heart-strings! That's where the kids came in =). As the day came to a close, I found myself anticipating being a mother myself someday!

1 comments:

MarcoPolumbo said...

Oh, what's great. It seems like you certainly had a good day today. That's nice to hear, going back into school tomorrow and all...=[. *Sigh* I just wish it could be Friday all over again...