Friday, February 22, 2008

Of Pop's concert and snow

The title sums up the recent news. As you all well know by now, from having used your keen sense of observation, it is snowing. The way the news was broken to me that we had a snow day this morning? By asking me if I wanted to do my math homework. I got home about 9:45 from the Pop's concert and of course was in no mood to take on the strenuous math homework that had to be done by 7:10 the next morning. So my mom proposed that if we had school the next day, I could wake up a little earlier and do my homework then. So 5:30 came around and my mom woke me up by asking if I wanted to get up and do my homework. Of course i said no. (well, i might have said "oh" i was a little groggy) but then my mom went on to day that I didn't have to cause there was no school! good one mom.
Now we're going to go back in time slightly to last night. Last night was the anual Pop's concert. The concert started at 7. Our call was 6:15. Ok, so far so good. We got out of drama at 5:30. That's when it falls apart. I got out of there as soon as DiLeo finished his deathly speech about memorizing lines, snow days and sets, and made a quick pit stop at Kerianne's. Turns out she needed her straightener more than I did...So I came home (it was about 5:45 by now) and I had to get right into my dress. It defenitely makes things a lot easier, that dress, because you don't have to pick out something to wear, no one says anything when you wear the same thing to every concert and you don't have to worry about looking dumb cause everyone's wearing the same thing. After the usual struggle, I finally coaxed my hair into some decent looking curls and put my make-up on while trying to eat something. I hadn't really eaten anything since 5th period. My last meal was breakfast. We were finally out of the house. But on the way there, literally a minute away, I get a call from Kerianne. The jazz band folder was missing...again. And jazz was on first. So as soon as I got there, we looked so hard for the folder and we were about to ask Persad for original copies when Eric found our folder in the cage room. Order was restored to the great land. The concert progressed really well after that. Jazz band kicked butt, it don't mean a thing didn't crash too hard, the meistersingers sounded really good, orchestra...well, they kind of fell apart on the second song, but the typewriter one was amazing, concert band was ridiculous and apparently the saxaphones missed their entrance in John William's Trilogy, but we love them anyway. and finally (drum roll please) Lincoln Portrait. The set up was good: Harlem Nocturne went really well. And Lincoln Portrait followed suit, save an unplanned tuba solo. Dr. Reinhart, due to the novel technology of a microphone, didn't have to scream so much, and the audience only flinched slightly at her mispronunciation of "escape." I thought, overall we sounded pretty good. And I guess Mr. Persad did too. He was all smiles. Of course, the night concluded with the presentation of flowers. Oh and our guest artist (tom christensen/spiderman) rocked the house.
To conclude my unecessarily long post, it's still snowing, I have nothing to do, and we have 2 stinkin weeks til NHD.

oh. and p.s., in case you were wondering, my John Kolesar rose is still in good health =)

0 comments: