Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm not gonna write you a love song

It's really a never ending cycle. You overcome some obstacles, and there are new ones, waiting. Antagonizing you with a continuous to-do list which you never seem to complete. But if that's part of life, which I know it is, then I'm ready for it. I know my posts can sometimes be monotonous and lengthy, so I'm sorry.

I'm in a relatively good place right now. Socially, academically, mentally and artistically. Well, I think there's some work that needs to be done on the artistic end of the spectrum. I lack the motivation. Or that's my guise anyway. What it really is, I don't know. I hope it is not the fact that I am suddenly destitute of my artistic abilities. Don't get me wrong. My art class is possibly my favorite class. It's the most creative and free I feel all day. But, whether do to the socially charged atmosphere or some other crazy figment of the universe, I don't feel like I'm getting the full experience out of it. And the blame lies all on me for that one. I am not putting everything into it and producing the most sincere end product that I can. Hopefully that can be resolved soon.

Aside from that, drama is going great. I'm so excited. The overall mood and perspective of the show this year is great. It's static. I can feel it. I'm really enjoying rehersals, and I'm having fun.

Friends: I can't ever really complain. I've got a great crop of friends. I haven't been plagued with spells of drama, which is nice (the bad kind) and I'm not fighting with anyone, so I'm really grateful for that.

So right now, I feel like I'm in an OK spot...borderline good. What would really improve my standings is spring. I already have spring fever, which is bad because i don't know how I'm going to handle the rest of february.

0 comments: