Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Feel the Elation!

Everybody! Let's hear a collective "yay!" Back to school. How exciting. To wake up at 5:30 when I've woken up at 10 for the past however many days. And then, as if we're not having enough fun roaming the halls with the reaction time of a goldfish, let's throw in a few hundred midterms to really get you back in the school spirit. Ahh, what would we do without education?

I can't REALLY complain, cause we have a three day week...but i can sure give it my best shot. It's sad to say that the highlight of my non-existent social calendar is NHD. At least I have drama to look forward to. Really look forward to actually.

Hard to believe we're in 2008. Officially. This year went by so fast, and at the same time, i can't even remember back to last january. Just fleeting images, really. I don't know abut you, but i really grew a lot this past year. Not necessarily physically. There were a lot of struggles and emotional roller-coasters and new experiences. But for all the confusion, I'm happy to say I came out of 2007 feeling, for the most part, very satisfied.

I'm still on the lookout for fullfillment. It hasn't really come yet. Sure, I've tried a lot of things. But nothing I've tried, I've had an epiphany like "this is it! this is what I'm meant to do and I'm going to work as hard as I can" But i've got time...I hope. I have my music, but i don't plan on making a career out of it, same with singing or dancing or acting or horseback riding or softball or soccer or gymnastics or art....yup, I've done all those. Writing, really, so far, has stuck with me the longest. Hopefully it will stay with me forever. But we'll see. Eventually, I want to make a list of life goals...like those master card ads, except, well, a little deeper. But I think I'm going to focus on freshman year for now...

0 comments: