Sunday, January 13, 2008

There's More to Life than Just to Live

This christmas template is throwing off my groove. I experienced spring fever yesterday! I mean, not that I would object to snow *wink* But I'm defenitely looking forward to spring.

This global project has consumed my life for the past few days. Becky and I decided (foolishly, in retrospect) to make an Athenian battle ship out of balsawood. We started working last week. This past week, we went to the library on Monday, we worked for at least 5 hours on Wednesday, we worked about 3 hours on Friday, and we worked for 8 hours yesterday. I worked by myself on it for about 2 hours today and its so close to being finished. I mean, its due tomorrow. I'd be in trouble if it wasnt. But do you wanna hear how much of a wimp I am? of course you do. Just from working on this project, I burned myself with the glue gun twice, I cut myself with the x-acto knife once, I hurt my back, twisted my ankle and bruised my hand. So I think I'm done with projects for a while.

I haven't studied for the midterms at all. Other than in class review. and I keep telling myself that they're not gonna be that bad. But i really still need to study. which I kind of set aside today to do. You think that's happening? No.

Dar Fur culture night was really great. Honestly. I was upset that more people didn't attend. I was only there for about an hour, but it was so informative and it was really such a great idea. It's upsetting to think that it could be done annually for the next few years. The poverty and political unrest is not going to be over. But on the other hand, it would be great to have it once a year. As an added bonus, there was african dancing. It was amazing. They communicated such a sense of culture. Plus Kerianne went up and joined them...me and Courtney have pictures =)

That's basically all there is for now. I probably will go do some studying and practicing.

Happy Birthday Meghan! <3

0 comments: