Thursday, January 24, 2008

Let the world see what you have got

This feeling is unparalleled. Wow. I just used a math term..anyway, it's the best feeling ever to FINALLY be finished with the regents. we've been counting down for months and it's over. It really is. Except for finding out our grades, the whole regents concept is behind us. I finished the exam at about 12:40..that left me with 2 hours of sitting. It's amazing how the imagination wanders when the mind isn't engaged. I filled up both sides of my "straightedge" with doodles. Some of them were pretty cool, but the guy came around and stole it off my desk before I had a chance to put it away. I was basically daydreaming for an hour after I checked it over and everything. I was observing people (which is really interesting) and thinking about the most abstract things. It's really a very exposing feeling to watch everyone else but not know how you appear to them. You can't analyze yourself like that. We all look at people and analyze them: try to label them, see what they're thinking, try to figure out their motives. You know you do. But doesn't that leave you wondering what people say when they look at you? It's a complex thing to try to figure out. Also, it's bizzare to listen to your own thought process and know that everyone else in the room is taking the same test- i wonder what their thought process is. Again, just weird things I think about when I have down time. I also don't have the physical capacity to sit for that long. I honestly have trouble sitting still for more than 30 minutes. That's why during the day, its hard to sit through class periods. My back hurt so badly and my legs were basically twitching. It was annoying, especially when I was finished with the test and had checked it over at least 4 times. If I had to rate the difficulty of the test, I'd say maybe easy to moderate. It really wasn't anything I didn't know how to do and the problems were really straightforward. I think only two of the multiple choice got me stumped. But I can only wait to see the outcome...oh geez. But for the rest of the weekend, I vow that I'm not going to think about how I did, rather revel in the fact that its over. That's a really nice thought....

0 comments: