Thursday, June 14, 2007

A Day in Repose

It sure is swell to have nothing, I repeat, nothing to do afterschool. That may come as a shock, depending on what kind of person you are, but when you've had a schedule like mine, a breather is pretty nice. I came home, ate, watched T.V., went outside, you know. And now it is absolutely gorgeous out. I've been reading The Diary of Anne Frank. As in, her actual diary, not the play or an adaptation. I feel myself connecting to her in so many ways. It's so inspiring to read her thoughts, insights, point of view. It's really an eye opener to her world. How she lived day in and day out in hiding, never being able to be warmed by the sun, or feel the rain. But yet, she had the maturity and compassion to step out of herself and realize that the plight of others was much worse than hers. Again, truly inspiring. She has a wonderful, intelligent writing style that abounds with personality. I wish I could have met her and became her friend.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow. We have a women's choir party, and we get our yearbooks to sign.
p.s. I got a 95 on the math final! p.p.s scratch the NOTHING to do part. I actually have to finish the practice regents.

0 comments: