Sunday, December 7, 2008

Brrrr!!

it's so cold and windy!! perfect winter weather =) i just wish there was snow. we had some today and it was beautiful but it was gone by the morning. Ok i want to tell you about my favorite couple. they're an elderly couple that go to my church. I don't know their names, so lets call them Margaret and Earl. They attend the 10:30 mass every sunday and they're absolutely adorable. The woman is tall and thin and she wears long coats. she always wears a tweed bucket hat and she makes herself up so nicely. she has beautiful cheekbones and bright blue eyes. she must have been gorgeous when she was young. Her husband, earl, is the sweetest thing. he is also tall, taller than her, and has wispy white hair. he wears glasses and walks extremely slowly, shuffling along in his orthopedic shoes. he has this look on his face of frustration, as if he's doing something wrong, but he can't figure out what it is. They sometimes hold hands while they're sitting in the pew, his arthritic hands entwined in her small, veiny hands. they're very quiet. I love to create histories for people I see that I connect with. I like to think that Margaret and Earl met when they were young, maybe over the summer. He thought she was so beautiful and it was total puppy love. They were together for their last two years of high school, but they broke up when they both went away to college. maybe he was in the army. they met up years later, and the love was still there, strong as ever. so they got married. they never had any children, all they needed was each other. and now they live in a small house and she takes care of him and never gets impatient, no matter how slow he walks. that's my story for them =)

in other news, i realized on friday that i forgot to bring home my things for french (i have a test tomorrow) but i figured at that point that i could skip gym and study then. but today i realized that i forgot my global textbook, so i'll have to skip gym to do my global. basically, i needed to study. so i went over to cristina's and we kind of studied...like we ate pizza, watched CSI and stalked people on facebook. i'm going to fail.

i have to work on my portrait now cause it's due friday and i still have ALL my hair to do. but i'll listen to christmas music while i'm doing it.



1) elderly couples
2) cozy sweaters
3) wind
4) my kitties
5) snow

0 comments: