Wednesday, September 10, 2008

put on a happy face =)

things are beginning to look up. Not that they were ever that horrible, but I'm settling into the routine, although I still have no embraced sophmore year as much as I embraced freshmen year, and school doesn't seem quite so much like the enemy. Still have those early mornings, long days and busy afternoons, but sometimes hard work is good therapy. Especially if you get everything done well. Anyway, I know I'm kind of rambling. As Mrs. Insinger would say, I don't have a clear focus. But I haven't been writing much, so this is kind of making up for that. In a way, I'm happy to say that so far I've been doing more drawing than writing. Writing comes easily enough to me, but art is something I love, and have to work a little more at. But fortunately, my art class is a great environment for that.

I feel accomplished in a sense because I was able to channel my emotions about something and speak to the person about it very effectively. But still forcefully. This skill often evades me because usually when something upsets me, I let it take over me. I don't want to confront it, I'd rather sit back and let the tears fall (now thats dramatic huh) But this time, I grabbed the bull by the horns and talked about it, as I said, very effectively.

Nerd Day was a success, in my mind. I was happy to see that some people really got into it. It's always fun to dress up. And if you're debating gettin all decked out, or even flat out refusing to, just remember: it's one day a year. you might as well. So I hope to see everyone dressed up for the last two days of homecoming week!!
My nails are currently painted homemade aqua (i mixed food coloring with white nail polish) there was a really great Tyra on, I finally finished that unecessary english assignment, and all I have left to do is to study for a 34-question global test on the Enlightenment. I'm really dreading gym tomorrow, but as I have done in the past, I find something to look forward to. For tomorrow its the possibility of getting our chocolate, no jazz band, hopefully no homework and more doughnuts in English! =)

0 comments: