Tuesday, September 23, 2008

it's a love story, baby just say yes

Now you're all going to think I'm bipolar. So I apologize for the confusion. But little things can change your perspective, as we all know. Things like a nice long talk with mom <3 or seeing your beautiful best friends make it through their lives. Or maybe just small things to look forward to. Or maybe writing a really meaningful poem, or experiencing a refreshing release. For me, I was fortunate to experience all of these. And now I'm content, if not happy. I hate to generalize life, because although I'm still young, I've learned that life is an open-ended question. And each person has their own answer, whether they know it or not. I still predict this will be a rough year. But I refuse to nail myself down to one area, whether it be academics, music whatever. Because I'm a multi-faceted person. My idea of fulfillment ranges from watching a great TV show to completing a really great sketch or nailing a trumpet piece, or even writing an excellent essay. I'm not meant to live life on a single and unwavering track. No one is. So yes, I'm still a consciencous student. I still study, even if its out of vogue, and I still care very much about my success as a student. But unlike in the past, I'm going to try not to feel guilty when I fawn over an outfit, or spend an hour or two listening to music or just take a nap so I can dream. These are the things, I realize, that make my life worth living, instead of just "getting through it all." There's so much more to come. I have dreams to dream and things to accomplish. I am so fortunate to have the friends and family that I do. And that statement is so overused that is loses some of its meaning. But I can assure you, I squeeze every amount of meaning out of it. I feel so proud, so happy to see my friends succeed and be happy. My family's love and support move me to tears. And so, when I have such spectacular people in my life, being unhappy would almost be like letting them down...

2 comments:

Willa said...

Ahhh I love you.
I hope my blog entry had something to do with your spectacular flip in perspective.
Seems to be hinted at.

Anyways, I love you and I'm proud and so happy that you're feeling better.

Good points, btdubs.

ohhh and how about we turn this into a "don't hate the chem grade" vibe? Its one test, hun.

BirdingMom said...

As you and Willa know, these are not the "easy" years people tout them to be. Take one day at a time, one test at a time and ENJOY LIFE! The rest will fall into place for amazing people like you.