Thursday, September 18, 2008

inspiration on hold

I've always had a passion for life. Things like getting mail, eating ice cream, petting a cat or even going to shoprite usually make me genuinely happy. But lately, my life has felt so unfulfilling that I can't muster any enthusiasm for things that once made me excited. I want so much out of life that I'm not getting. I don't mean to sound selfish. What I mean is that I feel I need a miracle of sorts. I need to be doing something that I absolutely love. something fast-paced and glamorous, or just something that will get me out of warwick. I really do apologize for sounding so shallow. that is not my intent. But i think you understand where I'm coming from when i say i need something more. the monotony of everyday life is really getting to me. to be perfectly honest, i could never understand why people said they hated school until this year. School is usually an exciting, fun experience for me. I have never really minded the work load, even as it got heavier, because i had fun with my friends, i had great teachers and exciting events to look forward to. this year, i hardly see my friends, my teachers aren't inspiring me and somehow football games and dances aren't cutting it. I'm yearning for something beyond my life now. because if there's one thing I'm afraid of and will never let myself do is to grow up, raise a family, get old and die without ever making anything of myself. I'm really not trying to imply that I have over-whelming amounts of star quality, but i just feel like i could go so far. i just need to go out and find the opportunity. a task that is seeming more and more unrealistic. basically, to sum it up, I'm feeling very restless here while trying to be grateful for what i do have.

2 comments:

MarcoPolumbo said...

I kinda guess I understand at least a little of how you're feeling. I'd prescribe you a vacation. A month in LI did amazing things for me. (Obviously we can't take a month right now.) Only 3 years till we're out of this place, and in colleges all over the country. The thought is beginning to scare me, especially with Ms. Brozycki asking us about colleges...

Willa said...

you got time, babe. i promise.
we'll make something together. =)