Thursday, November 20, 2008

We're all too small to talk to God

I've picked up on a slightly new outlook about myself as of lately. Brought on by nothing other than my own personal development, I've started to see all these little ups and downs as all part of a much, much bigger picture. I've always believed that as a philosophy, but now I'm subconciously putting it into play. As I'm going through a rough time, I'm able to project to future results and clearly focus on the actual severity of the issue. This causes my reactions to be much less intense. I realized a few years ago that one bad test grade is not the end of the world (I say this because before, I really did believe that a bad grade would make the world fall apart). As of this year, however, I really feel it. This is not to say that I don't care. Or that grades don't matter to me. But I am by nature a very emotionally reactive and pesimistic person. So this approach helps me to quell some unnecessary emotions. After all, in a few years even the biggest obstacles will be conquered road blocks. I still put my heart and soul into all worthy pursuits, but with a few less nerves and a lot more insight.

1 comments:

MarcoPolumbo said...

We all change for the better, and it's great.