Friday, August 3, 2007

I'm Back!

I had a great time in Connecticut. The aquarium is amazing. It was so incredibly hot, though, much like it was here, I'm sure. So anyway, in Connecticut we went to the seaport which is adorable, we went on a sweet little boat and we walked around....a lot. There really aren't any beaches in Mystic, so we drove to Rhode Island. The beaches there are similar to the jersey shore. Really, really crowded. But it was nice to be by the water, even if I couldn't go swimming. =( And then on Thursday, we went to the aquarium. It is so great. The animals are spectacular, especially Kodiak, the 1,600 lb. Stellar sea lion. He's HUGE. We saw everything from Beluga whales to glow-in-the dark fish. We also went on this awesome 3-D ride. It was called Cosmic Coaster, and it was actually like being on a roller coaster...except one that would probably kill you in real life. We had such a great time.

2 comments:

BirdingMom said...

Sounds like you enjoyed Mystic.
I love the Aquarium - I could sit and watch the Beluga Whales all day - and so could J (of course).
Glad you had a good trip!

MarcoPolumbo said...

Ooo, sounds wonderful! Uhh, I'm using my grandma's new laptop... and... your blog looks rather....err..... discombobulated. But err... it may be just here. Well, whatever. See you soon! Ohhhh, question. Can your mom bring me to anf back from the orientation on 8/22? Please let me know. Thanks!



M-A