Friday, July 13, 2007

Unecessary Update

It's nice that it's cooled down a little: it provides some kind of relief from the heat we've just experienced. I hope everyone is managing. As soon as my pool is fixed, you'll know. I promise. We have a possible new edition to the Klein cat pack. He's a beautiful little gray cat with a long face like a big cat (i.e., lynx, cougar, bobcat) He has green eyes and a long nose and dark gray stripes crawling across his soft gray fur. He's getting more comfortable with us, and I hope we can keep him =) He still doesn't come inside, though. That takes time. He's got a horrible open wound on his leg, so we have to take him to the vet. We named him Oberon (from Shakespeare's "Midsummer Night's Dream", by the way) We also have this strange, eerie, so far unidentifable animal in our feild. It barks like a distressed dog and looks like a cat/fox, based on the two times we've seen it. We are wary of its prescence, obviously because of the cats. My brother and I went online to try and figure out what it could be, but we didn't find anything that sounded remotely like it. My brother is convinced it's a domestic dog...that has throat problems (????) Whatever it is, it normally comes out at night. We heard it for the first time during the day yesterday. Kinda creepy.
Oh, by the way. We need a whole new pool. Hopefully, that doesn't mean it will take any longer. We should actually have it by next Friday, the latest. I neeeed to swim.

1 comments:

Kerianne said...

i loled at this whole post. especially the brian-schnabl-mystery-animal.