Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: My Review

Great, great movie. It was quite dark and mysterious. The plot was a little difficult to follow, and you had to refer to the books numerous times to figure out what was going on and who was who. Some of the lighter moments in the book were left out in order to reduce the running time. This does not, however, include Harry and Cho's kiss. It was long, wet and dramatic. Harry is very very whiny in this movie, for those of you who have never read the book (shame on you) and he is dramatic and confused. But then again, I never really liked Harry. There is, if you catch it, some romantic tension between Ron and Hermione. The centaurs are frightening, and Hagrid's half brother is quite lovable. The Department of Mysteries is...well, mysterious. You grow to hate Cornelius Fudge, you finally see Azkaban, and my favorite scenes took place in the secret room where Harry trained all the new members of the Order. I love love love Luna Lovegood. She has to be one of my favorite characters. Hermione is heroic and spunky, not to mention extremely pretty. I love her in this movie. As much love as I had for the characters, I also had hate. Professor Umbridge is extremely aggrivating, horribly evil and made me hate pink. Fred and George are great, once again, and Draco's dad figures pretty prominently but Draco doesn't. Overall, the movie is very dark and thick, with a lot of changes in character. Sirius's death is not too spectacular but none the less heart-wrenching. I feel the movie had a very abrupt ending that was somewhat of a cliff-hanger, and didn't fulfill the desires of the viewer. One MAJOR plus is that all the young male characters got hotter. Harry, Ron, Draco, Fred, George etc. It's great eye candy! The lighter moments, as always, are my favorite, but it was a stupendous must-see none the less. So....go see it. There's sooo much I left out, like Tonks, who isn't as prominent or fun as she was in the book. Somewhat of a let down...but just go see it! Before I give everything away. Next Potter craze? The 7th and final book, which comes out saturday and which I will relish, as there will never be another Harry Potter book. That's unreal and very upsetting.


Plus the car ride to the movie was extremely fun!

1 comments:

Kerianne said...

DRACO<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
^the soul purpose of why i'm still following this series.

so we preordered my book and it didn't come yesterday. *huff*

i'm going out today with my mom to take pictures of warwick for the school website, so i'll probably be back around 2 AND I'LL CALL YOU THEN GIRL.

(p.s., airborn had a sequel that i read, it was terrific, and i got lionboy azwell. so i'll be doing some reading! BATTLE OF THE BOOKS; so close, yet so far)

(p.s.s., i hate harry potter, SO much. i mean, the person. he's a jerk. the end.)

LOVE YOU.,