Sunday, December 23, 2007

the beauty of the season

Did you honestly expect me to blog? I've been revelling in the spirit of Christmas. Although it was non-existent until about 4 days ago. The tree is decorated and gorgeous. The house is cozy, christmas music is playing 24/7, I went shopping from 1pm to 11pm the other day, and the stores defenitely heightened the mood. It was like walking through a picture book. I've been baking and wrapping presents all day and now...drumroll please...its RAINING. wow. that just killed everything. But anyway, there's defenitely no time to dwell on minor details like that. I stayed up watching White Christmas last night, snuggled under about 3 blankets. It's, in my humble opinion, the epitamy of a christmas movie. It has all the necessary components: love, snow, singing, dancing, christmas spirit, the beauty of times gone by. And it put me in the best of moods. I also don't have to baby-sit tonight which is a plus. So now, on my agenda, is wrapping presents, making cards, reading christmas books, watching christmas movies and just being cozy in my house. Tomorrow, we have a lot to do in the morning: last minute wrapping, baking and cleaning. Then we have to get dressed and drive to my aunt's house. We'll be there the whole evening. Literally. Until about 10:30. It's really beautiful. Every year, most of my family goes to my aunt and uncle's beautiful house in North Caldwell, NJ and we have a christmas eve/my aunts birthday party. It one of the nicest traditions we have. I can't wait. So then we have to drive an hour back to warwick. But my nights not over yet. We go to midnight mass (obviously at 12am) which is an hour. then we finally go home and pretend to go to asleep when everyone knows you can't sleep on christmas eve. And then....well, the rest you all know. So that's the run-down. A sort of...check-up, considering its been a while since I've blogged. I've been busy being Christmas-y!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

0 comments: